November 29, 2018

What about making your face?


After my post yesterday, I started thinking about what other small tasks help with productivity. Does putting on makeup count? Here are some other tasks I'm wondering about--

Showering 
Doing your hair 
Checking the mail 
Brushing your teeth 
Writing your morning pages (apparently another productivity booster) 
Drinking coffee/tea 

How small and insignificant does the task need to be? For the record, I did make my bed this morning. And I did assign it to one of my habit trackers. I think I need to have a series of tasks to do in the morning in order to feel mentally prepared for productivity. 

I had an initial phone screening/interview call this morning, and I have an interview for next Tuesday! Not sure if this is the kind of place that more or less gives everyone they call an in person interview or not. At least it's easier to make a better impression in person. 

Unfortunately, I was not very productive following this call. I think it was because the call was at 8:30am and I woke up right before the call came in. I knew the call was happening but, due to nervousness, I was undone. My schedule was also a little off as I decided to put up my Christmas tree and decorate for the season in general. And I went grocery shopping for my mom.  

Perhaps that is something that could be considered productivity? I'll say I was productive. 


No comments: